Wednesday, August 13, 2008

eggs & links

I've been teaching myself about eggs lately. See, I don't like eggs, but I'm making it a goal to eat a real breakfast every day, with some source of protein instead of just a pile of carbs. And tempting though it may seem, I can't eat bacon nonstop. So I'm teaching myself to like eggs, and at the same time, how to cook them. So far I've mastered over hard, mostly by accident, and I've pulled off over easy, although it could use some work. I can't really seem to work up any enthusiasm for sunny side up yet, although in theory as I grow to like them (or at least get used to them) that will seem appealing - I did rather enjoy the egg yolk soaking in to the toast with the over easy eggs. I've also created some fairly decent scrambled eggs, which was surprisingly easy. I'm looking at omelets next, but any suggestions are welcome.

On an unrelated note, I rather whimsically searched Yahoo Groups for 'cooking' a few days ago, and I'm quite pleased with the results I've turned up. The format kind of lends itself to recipe sharing, and it's pretty neat to have such a random variety of ideas showing up in my inbox. I get my very own non-sucky kitchen in a matter of days, and I've already got a dozen things on the spike to try.

Speaking of other people's recipes, I've also added a blogroll. I suggest checking out the sites I've linked, and I'm always open to suggestions for sites (or email lists, as above) that I haven't seen.

No comments: